Nokia X2DS or Nokia X2 Duel Sim is the last Android from Microsoft Company. Its a wonderful combination of all features. Previously Nokia whcih is now owned by Microsoft, released three Nokia X series phone. They were Nokia X, Nokia X+ and Nokia XL. From my previous post:
It is like the combination of both X+ and XL. Why is that? The Nokia X+ has no flash or secondary camera. Nokia XL has a huge 5inch display with only 768 Mb RAM. But the Nokia X2 is 4.3-inch WVGA screen display, 5-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, 720p HD video recording and a 0.3-megapixel front-facing camera
There is a Group in Facebook named by Nokia X2 Official Group, Although its not official. It has thousands of members, mostly from Bangladesh, India and Asian countries.
Join in Nokia X2 Official Group
Worry about what app you need?
Key Specifications of the Nokia X2 Dual SIM:
1. 4.3 inch, WVGA (800 x 480), Scratch resistant glass, 217 ppi with ClearBlack, LCD technology made it.
2. Dual-core 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 200 Processor made it so much powerful to play game smoothly.
3. RAM 1 GB, ROM 4 GB which is expandable upto 32 GB.
4. You can play GTA San Andreas, Asphalt 8, Dead Trigger 2, Dungeon Hunter 4, and FIFA 15 on your Nokia X2.
5. With 5 MP rear camera and LED flash, you can take beautiful photos.
See other full specifications
10 Things You Should Know About Nokia X2DS
1. Nokia X2DS supports whats app, wechat, skype and all other messenger. You can move game data or app to Memory card.
2. Direct video call is not supported in Nokia X2 but you can use Skype for video calling. Thats why there is an 0.3 Mp Front camera.
3. The camera quality is excellent after the update came by. Please update your phone and the enjoy the extra features added like Smart camera to capture moving objects, motion blur photos.
4. Nokia X2 does not support Google Play store App. Or any other app that required Google play store services like Google Map. But you can use Nokia Here Map. Here map is included in Nokia X2. I use Maps.me offline version. You can download the offline map of your country and browse without internet. I know Google map is super and it has no alternative.
5. If you want Google Play store services , you will need to root your phone. You will lose warranty if you do that.
6. Nokia X2 supports all other app which is taken by Share It, Super beam or Bluethooth.
7. Nokia X2 does not run on PURE ANDROID. Its a Forked version. Currently available Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. See here for more Information: What is “Forked Android”, and What does it Mean for Nokia?
8. It does not have pause in video recoding.
9. There are no way to stop vibration in back and home button. Also there is no light in back and home button.
10. Nokia is a Brand Phone. You can expect quality product from Nokia.
Where to Download App for Nokia X2:
Apps can be downloaded from Nokia Store which is included in Nokia X2. My suggestion is : Go to Nokia Store. Download Mobo Market. Its the best, that i can tell.
Search these in Nokia Store:
5. Slide ME
Photo Samples of Nokia X2:
You can find a lot of Photos in Facebook group. Here is the Link: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.681211771962243&type=1
Note: This Flickr photo was taken before update.
How to Solve the Messege Problem in Nokia X2?
If you see the battery usage, you will see that Message is consuming a lot of battery power. There is a solution for that. I cant give you the guaranty that its working. At least you can try it out. Came from Mahbub E Mostafa
1. Go to About Phone. Now Enable your Developer option by tapping rapidly 5 times on software version.
2. Then go to setting menu and you will get a new menu name Developer options.
3. Enter this menu and enable your phone developer mode by clicking Developer option in fast line.
4. Now find don’t keep activities and enable it. It is in the last part of that page.
5. Now reboot your phone.
Another Solution from Seyed Ehsan Hadi
Anybody that has problem with battery drain. Messaging has a problem, so it takes so much process.
Root your device.
Second install titanium backup
After that freeze Messaging
Then install another Sms software like Textra.
Any questions in English.I will answer
How To Take Screen shots in Nokia X2?
You dont need external app to take screen shots. Hold the Menu and volume down button simultaneously.
Thanks and thats all for Now. Any Tips, write it in Comment, I will add that.