World Cup Football 2014 is starting in Brazil. The whole world is going crazy on this occasion. This FIFA World Soccer Cup will be held from 12th June to 13th July 2014. Total 32 teams are participating in FIFA world cup. This is the 20th FIFA World Cup. Spain is the Previous Champion having defeated the Netherlands 1–0 in the 2010 World Cup final. On 30 October 2007 FIFA officially confirmed that Brazil would host the event. The Next World Cup will be held in Russia and then Quatar. The official logo of the competition is entitled “Inspiration”, and was created by Brazilian agency Africa. The official slogan is “All in One Rhythm”. “We Are One (Ole Ola)” by Pitbull, Jennifer Lopez and Claudia Leitte is the official song of thsi World Cup. The tatu-bola, an armadillo that defends itself from predators by rolling up into a ball, was chosen as the official mascot by FIFA. The official ball of the 2014 World Cup will be the Adidas Brazuca. The tournament has recognised an official instrument: the Caxirola. EA Sports published the official video game of the competition, entitled 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil.
Brazil World Cup Football 2014
I was searching for a way to get SMS notifications before each match. And I have found a way. The basic thing is that, there are Google calendar of World Cup Football 2014. You will need to subscribe to that calendar. Then You need to add your mobile phone number in Google and you will get sms reminder.
You can see that I have got SMS notifications:
Step 1: Register your Mobile Phone:
YOu will need to add the mobile number. Then Google will send you a verification code. With this code you will be able to register your mobile phone number.
- Open Google Calendar.
- Click the gear icon at the top right > Settings.
- Click the Mobile Setup tab.
- Select your country from the Country drop down menu.
- Enter your phone number in the Phone number field.
- Select your carrier from the drop-down menu, if applicable.
- Click the Send Verification Code button.
- Once you receive the text message, enter the code you received in the Verification code field and click the Finish setup button.
- Click Save.
Cost of SMS notifications
Google Calendar is a free product and Google doesn’t charge you to receive notifications. Please keep in mind that if you’re in the US or Canada, your mobile service provider’s standard rate for receiving text messages may apply.
Step 2: Subscribe to Goolgle Calendar
1. Open Google Calendar.2. Click the down-arrow next to Other calendars.
3. Select Add by URL from the menu.
4. Enter the following address in the field provided:
5. The calendar will appear in the Other calendars section of the calendar list to the left.
Step 3: Get SMS Notifications of Brazil World Cup Football 2014
1. Now you will see FIFA World Cup 2014 calendar in the other calendar section. When you hover over it, it will show the down arrow sign, click on it. Then click on “Reminders and Notifications“.
2. Select SMS from Event reminders. Set time as your wish.
OK, you are done. Thanks