“Everyone has something to hide” a quote from my favorite TV series Dexter. It may be a essential file or family pictures or video. We need to protect them so that anyone cant see. Using software for that may be countable. You need to buy that kind of software that will hide anything for you. But what if you can hide them in your computer without any software. Now you can ask me, is that possible? Yes its possible and you don’t need too much geek type knowledge for that. So if you interested you can go through this post. I will show the process with images. Lets begin the show !
How To Lock Folder Without Software
1. At first make a folder in your computer and give it a name. We are going to hide things here.
2. Now make a text document inside the folder named by locker.txt or anything.
3. Open the text document and Paste the following code there.
cls @ECHO OFF title Folder Private if EXIST "HTG Locker" goto UNLOCK if NOT EXIST Private goto MDLOCKER :CONFIRM echo Are you sure you want to lock the folder(Y/N) set/p "cho=>" if %cho%==Y goto LOCK if %cho%==y goto LOCK if %cho%==n goto END if %cho%==N goto END echo Invalid choice. goto CONFIRM :LOCK ren Private "HTG Locker" attrib +h +s "HTG Locker" echo Folder locked goto End :UNLOCK echo Enter password to unlock folder set/p "pass=>" if NOT %pass%== WRITE_PASSWORD_HERE goto FAIL attrib -h -s "HTG Locker" ren "HTG Locker" Private echo Folder Unlocked successfully goto End :FAIL echo Invalid password goto end :MDLOCKER md Private echo Private created successfully goto End :End
4. In this code at line number 45 you will see a text WRITE_PASSWORD_HERE. Change this text to your desirable password. It will needed to open the folder. Press Ctrl+S to save the document.
5. Now rename the locker.txt. Change the extension to .bat. Delete the .txt and rename it with .bat. See the image.
6. There will be a popup. Click it on Yes. Now see there is a bat file. Double click on it. It will create a Folder named by Private. Keep anything you need to hide in that folder.
7. Now again double click the locker.bat batch file. You will get the so called geek type window asking, if you want to lock the folder. Press Y and then Enter.
8. Here’s the magic. Your folder got vanished.
How to get back the vanished folder?
9. Again double click the locker.bat batch file. It will ask you the password. Give it and press Enter. You will get back your hidden folder.
If you are having any problem, just let me know. I am always here to help you back.
Originally posted 2013-01-22 13:53:50.