Microsoft’s Bing is one of the mostly used search engine. So it is very much vital and essential that your website is added to Bing. Although it is a easy task just like as Google, but most of the Webmaster forgets to Add and Verify their website or blog to Bing search engine. Today I am going to show you the easy way to Add & Verify Website to Bing and Submit Sitemap to Bing for better traffic. You just need to follow these basic steps.
Why Bing is Important?
With Bing™ now powering Yahoo! and Facebook search, nearly 30 percent of all Web traffic is delivered through Bing™. Because of this, it is more important than ever for website owners to ensure their Websites are indexed in Bing™.
Bing™ Webmaster Tools allow you to submit and verify your Website for indexing. Once it is verified, you can also use Bing™ Webmaster Tools to improve your Website’s SEO and view important data on its performance.
Once your Website is verified in Bing Webmaster Tools, you can:
- Improve your Website’s search engine optimization get more traffic.
- See and control how Bing™ crawls and indexes your Website.
- See backlinks, inbound links, and keyword performance for your Website.
- Provide an XML sitemap for your Website.
- Detect crawl issues and view details on redirects, malware, and exclusions.
How to Add & Verify Website to Bing Webmaster
Step 1: You need to sign up for Bing Webmaster Tool, otherwise you can just Add your site to Bing. For this Go through 3rd Step and skip step 1 and 2.
Though I recommend to Sign-up. Go to Bing Webmaster Tool.
Step 2: Write down the URL of your website. And Click on Add Site.
Step 3: If you just want to add website and don’t want to Sign up for Bing Webmaster then Go to Add a Site To Bing and follow the below steps.
Now Add the Sitemap link of your website and Click on Add.
Step 4: Now you need to verify Ownership for your site. You can See there are 3 Options to do that. You can choose whatever you prefer.
Option 1: Place an XML file on your web server.
Option 2: Copy and paste a <meta> tag in your default webpage.
These two methods are easy.
For self hosting site Like WordPress:
- Download BingSiteAuth.xml
- Upload the file to root server.
- Confirm successful upload by visiting http://yoursite/BingSiteAuth.xml in your browser.
- Click the verify button below
For Blogger Website:
- Add the <meta> tag containing the authentication code to the <head> section of your default webpage.
- Open Blogger Account.
- Go to template> Edit HTML
- Find </head> and Paste the Code just above it.
Now Click on Verify Button. You are Done !