Social networking site are popular for making friends, get yourself “social” and also for internet business marketing. These social site can give a huge traffic and also important for your SEO. If your site shared on these social site search engine will give importance to your site. So its better to make your site familiar with these site. Many webmaster and internet users are only familiar with Facebook, Tweeter, Google plus etc. Today i am sharing with you top 10 popular social networking website of the internet.
10 Most Popular Social Networking Sites:
1. Facebook: Facebook is the king of Social Network with second position in Alexa Rank. It is the tremendously popular social networking website in the world. Facebook was launched on 2004 and since that it is shaking the world. Every internet users have a Facebook account.
2. Twitter: Twitter is the second most popular social networking site in the world. Its also called microblogging site. It can spread news very fastly. Facebook, twitter etc playes an crucial role in changing the Government in Middle east recently. Its Alexa rank is 8.
3. Pinterest: Pinterest is growing fastly and making its position in the world of social networking site.It launched in March 2010. It was selected as the best new startup of 2011 by TechCrunch. Alexa rank 38.
4. LinkedIn: LinkedIn is the most popular job website. It is most visited business related social networking website. Alexa rank 12. It could be very effective for your company and also for users. A networking tool to find connections to recommended job candidates, industry experts and business partners. Allows registered users to maintain a list of contact details of people they know and trust in business.
5. Google Plus: Google has made this social networking site to compete with Facebook as facebook is growing as threat for Google. And it seems that they are quite successful. As Google has many services along with social site its easy to integrate with new zgoolge plus.
6. Myspace: It is an aged social network that still ranks well, even if their earnings drops and News Corp. sold it. Though rapidly losing market share to Facebook, recently has been surpassed by Google Plus also. MySpace remains a highly trafficked social media site that can be useful for internet marketing. . The site has been online since 1996. The site is based in the US. Justin Timberlake in one of main investors in Myspace. Current Alexa rank of Myspace is 165.
7. DeviantArt: For artists, photographers, or videographers, creators Deviant Art is like a heaven to create a profile, submit content, share things and increase exposure. It is an online community based on user-made artwork. Creatures are organized in a comprehensive user friendly category structure, including photography, digital art, traditional art, literature, Flash, filmmaking, skins for applications, operating system customization utilities and others, along with extensive downloadable resources such as tutorials and stock photography.It was first launched on August 7, 2000 by Scott Jarkoff, Matthew Stephens, Angelo Sotira and others. Its headquartered is in the Hollywood area of Los Angeles, California, United States. Its present Aalexa rank is 131.
8. LiveJournal: LiveJournal is a rich, community platform that blurs the lines between journaling and social networking. Since its creation in 1999, LiveJournal has become home to nearly 25 million users worldwide who come together to celebrate creative expression. It helps to find friends who share common passions and interests. It is a social network owned by SUP Media where Internet users can keep a blog, journal or diary. In Alexa its rank is 113.
9. Badoo: Badoo is a worldwide socializing system that provides its members with the ability to meet new people and friends in and around their local area. Its headquarters is in London, but is run by a Cypriot society. Its founder is a Russian entrepreneur called Andrey Andreev. It includes many great social network fundamentals, but really focuses on giving users the games and tools to gain attention and expand their social circles. Badoo is popular mainly in Italy, Spain, France and South America. Alexa rank 118.
10. Tagged: Tagged is another top social networking sites in the world. The headquarters of Tagged is established in San Francisco, California. It has all the standard functions available in popular social networks like Facebook. Alexa rank 280.
Other Popular Social Networking Sites: